Command and Control
Transforming call handling and citizen engagement
Emergency services personnel know that lives can depend on critical services being available in the right place, at the right time. It’s a challenge that Steria has been helping clients to address for over 30 years.
Our renowned STORM Command and Control solution gives emergency services access to a reliable and resilient support infrastructure that manages interaction with the public, logs calls, allocates the appropriate level of response and makes sure that those on the frontline have access to the information they need when responding to emergency calls.
Operational officers rely on being provided with the information and tools they need to do their job effectively. This can only be achieved if communications centre staff have the relevant information, presented in a way they can readily assimilate and pass on to the officers attending an incident. It is therefore critical that any Command and Control system is available 24x7, 365 days a year.
Steria has always taken a pioneering approach to enabling effective emergency communications with the public. From a UK first in outsourced Control Room services with Cleveland Police to the shared approach of our SteriaSTORM Command and Control system in Scotland, we are playing a pivotal role in transforming emergency communications.
At the forefront of understanding user requirements, our teams draw on considerable knowledge of the emergency services markets to proactively develop our SteriaSTORM solution so that it continues to address their changing needs. Innovations include:
- Mobile access to incident information in the field
- Integration with vehicle navigation for enhanced despatch
- Integration with contact management solutions to provide more joined up handling of citizen interactions
- The ability for services to collaborate and share information locally, regionally and nationally to provide more joined up emergency services
In addition to the 60% of UK police forces who use our services, we also work with the Swedish police forces, and clients in Abu Dhabi, Northern Emirates and Spanish Baleares, as well as with Dublin Fire Brigade and the other Fire Services in the East of Ireland.
If you have a question or would like further information on any of our services please contact us
- Kent Police: Pioneering approach to community policing as vital information is accessible quickly and in the most digestible format
- Essex Police: Giving officers the information they need, when they need it
- Durham Constabulary: Streamlining the creation and booking of appointments through the SmartSTORM Diary